Monday 26 March 2012

My First Ever Beauty Box - Glossy Box & Harrod March 2012

Hello I hope you are having a wonderful day whatever you are doing.
I am going to discuss my opinion on my first ever beauty box that I have currently received. Beauty boxes have been around for a while now but have become more popular in the UK over the last six months and these have always be something I that I have been interested in.

So about a two weeks ago I decided to take the big step and finally sign up to a beauty box service and it was difficult to decide which one to go with, as today there is so many to choose between. But over the last week or so I have found out the two beauty boxes are now to join forces these being Glossy Box and Carmine with Carmine no longer trading under their name. 


In the end I decided upon Glossy Box, the main reason for this was due to the fact it was the first one I initially heard of with in the UK especially has they become very popular with the beauty industry and also the March box I received was their special edition box in which they joined forces with the well known London store Harrods.


I was thinking this will be a fanatic box as Harrods is known for its high to very high end make up, so this is what I was expecting from this box. 


This is what I received in my March Glossy Box


Left To Right: 
Bliss Body Butter, Leighton Denny Nail Polish, Varsace Perfume, ReVive Intensite Creme Lustre and Clarins Body Cream 



1) Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter
Retails for around £20 (200 ml) 


This product reminds me of the drink Tango Orange, but it does make you body feel smooth after using the product. But I wouldn't have brought this myself due to the price as I do feel £20 for the full size is a bit to much for a body butter when you can get one similar much cheaper on the high street. 

2) ReVive Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30
Retails £235 

I cannot believe this product retails of £235 when I found this out I was like OMG. I haven't try this that the moment as I don't want to fall in love with this product has I am totally not re-buying this product. 

3) Clarins - Extra Firming Body Cream 
Retails for £39.50 

I was annoyed that it was another body cream as I believe one is enough in a beauty box and don't really see why they added another one. I currently haven't try this out as I want to use this when I go away over the Easter weekend to see friends. But I have heard good stuff about this product so hopefully it will hold up to everything I have heard. 

4) Varsace - Vanitas Eau de Parfum 
Retails for £45 (30 ml) 

This was lovely to receive has it smells wonderful and it's a lovely size to have in your handbag without taking up to much room. I don't think I would purchase the full bottle for myself as I can't spending that much on myself but if anyone wants to buy this for me I will be a happy bunny and love you for ever. 

5) Leighton Denny High Performance Nail Colour - Honey Trap
Retails for £11 (12 ml) 

This was my favourite product out of the five as I love nail polishes and this is just a beautiful light mushroom colour and one that I currently don't have in my nail polish collection and I will be totally wearing this over spring. 

Overall I liked the box but the 2 body creams where a disappoint as one is enough. I know that a lot of fellow Glossy Box subscribes were disappoint with their boxes due to it not having the Burberry Miniature Lipstick and I would say I was also disappointed that I didn't receive this, if I was Glossy Box I would have given the Burberry Lipstick to everyone but then change up the other four products and this may have stop the two body creams in the boxes. 

I have decided to carry on my subscription for the April box and I will then decide from then if to carry on or unsubscribe. 

This you receive the Harrods box and what did you think of the products you received? 

See You Soon

xJemsx 

No comments:

Post a Comment